Skip to main content

Losing Life!!

She never had so much trouble walking in her entire life spanning a whole forty two years, perhaps just the first year of her life, she might have experienced trouble balancing herself.. but today after so many years, Elizabeth De Souza found that she can't walk. Her feet seemed heavy. She took small steps, like that of a child who has learnt to walk fresh. At 42, she was in the best of health, never encountered any heart problem, arthritis or any such disease. Then what had happpened to her?? why did her legs shake??

Still, she pushed herself forward.. Moved straight ahead... Turned right at the far end, and came face to face with an oak door.. She knocked.. He came to open the door... She hugged him tight.. and he rerturned the hug.

She had been living alone, all alone since the past 25 years. And then he came in her life.. came as the sweet sound of a cuckoo.. came as the cool sea breeze, came as the glittering morning light, came as the twinkling night stars.. oh yes, he was everything for her.. it was sheer luck that she found him. She being an Indian from Goa, had settled in dubai 25 yrs ago, when her husband found out that he couldn't live with a woman who won't carry his name forward.. and hence she had to leave his house, but she being brave not only left his house, but also her heart, Goa, and came to the Emirates. And found him after some years when she moved to live near the creek.

It was early morning, she was habitual of morning walk. she used to walk in the lobby for half an hour when she saw him peep out of his door. That innocent look caught her heart from that day on. She met him regularly evry morning, they'd have breakfast togethor. Sometimes they'd even go out in the evenings for a stroll round the city. Shekhar loved her to bits. And yet today for the first time, when she looked at Shekhar she cried, and Shekhar wept like anything..

"I'll miss you.." he said.

"I'll miss you too.."
"I'll miss you more"
"I'll miss you even more"

And they smiled behind tears.. love is powerful, they say.. it sure is..

A woman not much younger than herself came in the doorway..
"Shekhar beta, please hold yourself..Aunty lizzy will always be in touch with you.."

"Yes Shekhar, I think of you as my own son.. you know, I neve rhad kids.. You are my son, Shekhar.. how can I ever forget you"

"Aunty, will you coem to Goa with us?"

"huh"

"Goa Aunty.. Goa in India???"

She was troubled.. Goa was the best holiday resort for anyone... but for Elizabeth Goa implied just one thing, a sinking life.. but today life was altering course, Goa implied her love, Shekhar.. and for shekhar she was brave enough to enter Goa once again..

And she agreed.. She had lost life before, she couldn't afford to lose this life, her life, Shekhar.

Comments

Sarah said…
Heyyy

How are youuuuu? I miss you :( Wish you'd come online!!! How's life in Dubai?!

Good story by the way!!
Karachiite said…
hii there..

alhamdulillah fine....!!!
went to syria for zyarats.. just came back yesterday!!!

lifes sailing smoothly mashaAllah.. :)

nah, my stories are getting weirder by the day.. :screwed:
Itsfarsh said…
I am confused..

What is it that lizzy & Shekher share?

I am getting mixes messages...
Itsfarsh said…
Sometimes.. we all dream.. hope.. and try to make the best of what we are dealt..

Trying to Cast some light on your story.. maybe this is what she feels..

The bonds that grow between us,
Grow stronger every day.
and the words I've already told you,
are all I have to say.

No words to describe the emotion,
No words to describe it all.
But without your wind beneath my wings,
forever I would fall.
Karachiite said…
I was trying to imply mixed messages, with certain surprises at the end... read the story again, cuz if aint showing the true message, hehe.. its no point in writing more..

nice poem..

Popular posts from this blog

Memoirs Reborn!!!

"Jiya, beta what do you think of this purple suit?," Zareena Begum asked her 18 year old Jiya. Jiya, who was busy ooh-ing and aah-ing at a mannequin drifted her her eyes away from the suit the mannequin wore to the purple sequinned suit her mother held in her hand. "Aww Mom, its awesome, btw, we never clash in our choices, do we??!!," Jiya replied immediately. And Zareena Begum beamed, "Still beta , its you who will be wearing it after marriage not me," she chuckled, and kissed her lovely and only child on the forehead. She was blessed, and Jiya thought she couldn't be more blessed. ****************************************************** "Jiya, did you try out that eye liner??," Zareena Begum was always worried about Jiya and her not so womanly ways. "Errmmm. No," Jiya hesitated. "But beta , you should try out, only one month left before I send you off to Asif's, what would Asif say??" "Mom, its easy..Asif?? he...

Serious Topic.. (kind of ..)

Hiii once again... ok, if you were asked how much do u detest when sumone hides something from you, delibrately, undelibrately, intentionally, unintentionally, and considering that that sumone is one of your really close associate.. on a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being not at all, to 10 being all the time, how would you rate your detest for them..???? For me, it ought to be 9.999999, but since these are discrete no.s hence, i wont be ratin it 9.9999999.. :D lol on a more serious note, since its coming from sumone close, i'd say 9.. not 10, coz of unintentional behaviour.. need a good response.. take care.. byeeee...