Skip to main content

I am, but a Wilted Rose!!

I am, but a wilted rose,
When u plucked me from the stem,
I was red, in full bloom.
I remember the gardener guiding you..
he had planted me long ago..
when i first opened eyes, i was his first flower,,
but u came and plucked me as if i were a toy in a babyshop

u needed me just so that u had fun pluckin a flower..
how mean
i thought i was better off being a rose
than that fake plastic flower
which we often find in huge mansions
but i realize that i am
and i was
wrong
atleast no one can crumple him
his fragrance can always be renewed
his petals always fresh
having that fake water drop over it
oh, i was so wrong
u crumpled me and threw me off
u sniffed me and that was it..
u loved ur colognes more..
my rosy life ended
the day u threw me in the bin
and me a rose, expected u to preserve me
or atleast gift to someone
but i forgot
that i am but a wilted rose
and you a human
-----------------

(this is azad shayerii in english.. :p)

Comments

Itsfarsh said…
Karachiite

Did you write this?

Funny how everyone is turning poetic, most of the blogs i visit are so beautifully adourned with verses..

I have a recovered a bit from my depressive mood and have written something lighter, do post your comments on that too..

Anyways.. your poetry.. like your stories weaves such amazing artistry.. deeply impressed :)
Itsfarsh said…
It was a little violet by a mossy stone
That breathed the wild wind of the
woods.
Seduced by its natural, pristine beauty,
a tourist gently plucked it and took it
home.
He placed it in a fancy crystal vase in
the drawing room.
The eyes of all who came did fall
first on the purple flower.
Sprinkles of praise and showers of
plaudits
kept it wet and swamped it.
O that someone could tell them all:
The little purple bud feels smothered
by the sophisticated, citified smell
of cigarette smoke and chenille;
it pines again for the fresh air of the
woods.
Karachiite said…
Yeah, I wrote that..

thanks for the comments.. but well, when I reread the poem it seemed a bit funny!!!
Anonymous said…
checkin the other option.. :)
Anonymous said…
excellent.

Popular posts from this blog

Memoirs Reborn!!!

"Jiya, beta what do you think of this purple suit?," Zareena Begum asked her 18 year old Jiya. Jiya, who was busy ooh-ing and aah-ing at a mannequin drifted her her eyes away from the suit the mannequin wore to the purple sequinned suit her mother held in her hand. "Aww Mom, its awesome, btw, we never clash in our choices, do we??!!," Jiya replied immediately. And Zareena Begum beamed, "Still beta , its you who will be wearing it after marriage not me," she chuckled, and kissed her lovely and only child on the forehead. She was blessed, and Jiya thought she couldn't be more blessed. ****************************************************** "Jiya, did you try out that eye liner??," Zareena Begum was always worried about Jiya and her not so womanly ways. "Errmmm. No," Jiya hesitated. "But beta , you should try out, only one month left before I send you off to Asif's, what would Asif say??" "Mom, its easy..Asif?? he...

Shukran Lillah!!! =)

YESSSSSS!!!! I graduated today.. :) I really can't thank Allah... the type of exams I took, and the way I took them, it was just as if I was least bothered (when I actually wasn't), though I regretted taking them that way, but MashaAllah I succeeded.. God is merciful beshak!! And I had to check it out myself online.. it was scary, last time I checked online I was 6th in my city.. :P this time I still donno what marks I got or where I stand, for the time I know I passed.. And that is what really mattered.. BTw, there is a flash I had written, will inshaAllah put it up tomorrow.. Thanks for reading!!