Skip to main content

And Miles to Go Before I die/sleep!!


The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.


- Robert Frost, "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"

Amazing piece..

And then by Celine Dion, Miles to go before I sleep..

Such an amazing phrase!

So.. same here.. i know all of this casualness in life is sweet but there is a lot i prefer to do before i hit my deathbed!!

I donno if i can do all of that, but I am sure I will try!!

.Own a cute cafe/shisha house!! which will always hold a reserved place for me n my buddy!!
.Write a novel
.Be a top class columnist, own a spot in wknd!! or maybe Friday.. yes, i have high aims..:P i love reading Amar Jaleels column in Dawn magazine, and Ardeshir Cowasjees column too!!
.Be well versed in literature n Islam.
.Have that professional camera.
.Be a radio jockey, host the best show!!
.Catch up with my prose!!! urdu prose only!!
.Have a reknowned blog! :P
.Be a Newyorker, if only for few days to see whats it like in the Fifth avenue!

:)
I think abhi tak I am up for all these, but one lifes too short to accomplish it all, what say!!

There are miles and smiles to go before I sleep..
Wish me all the best.. i need it!! :)

Also, theres nothin in dubai like this place which we visit since more than 3 yrs, its our secret hangout hideout!! n i like to keep it that way! :P view pic above pls to avoid confusion!

cheers,
toodles!our secret hangout hideout!! n i like to keep it that way! :P

Comments

i love robert frost,
no one can put it as better as he did!

sigh!

thanks for this post!

brings me back to reality!
Karachiite said…
AD, i know man, Robert Frost rocks.. i blv i first read these lines during secondary school in Pakistan!!

Popular posts from this blog

Memoirs Reborn!!!

"Jiya, beta what do you think of this purple suit?," Zareena Begum asked her 18 year old Jiya. Jiya, who was busy ooh-ing and aah-ing at a mannequin drifted her her eyes away from the suit the mannequin wore to the purple sequinned suit her mother held in her hand. "Aww Mom, its awesome, btw, we never clash in our choices, do we??!!," Jiya replied immediately. And Zareena Begum beamed, "Still beta , its you who will be wearing it after marriage not me," she chuckled, and kissed her lovely and only child on the forehead. She was blessed, and Jiya thought she couldn't be more blessed. ****************************************************** "Jiya, did you try out that eye liner??," Zareena Begum was always worried about Jiya and her not so womanly ways. "Errmmm. No," Jiya hesitated. "But beta , you should try out, only one month left before I send you off to Asif's, what would Asif say??" "Mom, its easy..Asif?? he...

Shukran Lillah!!! =)

YESSSSSS!!!! I graduated today.. :) I really can't thank Allah... the type of exams I took, and the way I took them, it was just as if I was least bothered (when I actually wasn't), though I regretted taking them that way, but MashaAllah I succeeded.. God is merciful beshak!! And I had to check it out myself online.. it was scary, last time I checked online I was 6th in my city.. :P this time I still donno what marks I got or where I stand, for the time I know I passed.. And that is what really mattered.. BTw, there is a flash I had written, will inshaAllah put it up tomorrow.. Thanks for reading!!