Skip to main content

Bride & Groom!

The bride was the typical Desi bride. Clad in a maroon sharara, she was at ther very best. Just below the stage, her mother sat, looking at her every now and then. The groom then entered. And then the grooms mother looked at him.

Sitting a bit far from them I don't know why, or how but I noticed all of this. And then the brides mother looked at the bride again, their eyes met, the bride smiled nervously, and the mother smiled confidently.

I remember my excitement, my nervousness, my confidence, and the longing!! yes, thats how it is. But I dont know why.. Why .. Did she see me! Was she also smiling? Was she happy like anything to see me clad in the white and pink sharara? Did she approve my look? She must have wanted to hug me, and hold me tight!!! Cuz thats what I wanted too!! And she must have prayed for me cuz she loved us.. and the sight was a beautiful one. Its her prayers that are hovering above us all the time, thank youuu!!

:(

Comments

wow... that hit hard!

Popular posts from this blog

Memoirs Reborn!!!

"Jiya, beta what do you think of this purple suit?," Zareena Begum asked her 18 year old Jiya. Jiya, who was busy ooh-ing and aah-ing at a mannequin drifted her her eyes away from the suit the mannequin wore to the purple sequinned suit her mother held in her hand. "Aww Mom, its awesome, btw, we never clash in our choices, do we??!!," Jiya replied immediately. And Zareena Begum beamed, "Still beta , its you who will be wearing it after marriage not me," she chuckled, and kissed her lovely and only child on the forehead. She was blessed, and Jiya thought she couldn't be more blessed. ****************************************************** "Jiya, did you try out that eye liner??," Zareena Begum was always worried about Jiya and her not so womanly ways. "Errmmm. No," Jiya hesitated. "But beta , you should try out, only one month left before I send you off to Asif's, what would Asif say??" "Mom, its easy..Asif?? he...

Shukran Lillah!!! =)

YESSSSSS!!!! I graduated today.. :) I really can't thank Allah... the type of exams I took, and the way I took them, it was just as if I was least bothered (when I actually wasn't), though I regretted taking them that way, but MashaAllah I succeeded.. God is merciful beshak!! And I had to check it out myself online.. it was scary, last time I checked online I was 6th in my city.. :P this time I still donno what marks I got or where I stand, for the time I know I passed.. And that is what really mattered.. BTw, there is a flash I had written, will inshaAllah put it up tomorrow.. Thanks for reading!!