Skip to main content

Me and mine! :P


Hey ya!! ;)

today i want to write abt me and my books.. what purpose do books serve exactly???

Books are basically a refuge from the outside world... when you read a book, you are suddenly in a new world altogether.. I used to read so many books when I was young, on the one hand I am proud of it, and on the other I am upset, 'cause books make you believe impractical things as well..
My first ever book was "Cinderella". Dad took me to buy it. It started as a school assignment.. I even remember which book my best friend brought... "Ali Baba and 40 Thieves." =)
Since then, I never looked back.. With Mum's interest in books too, I accumulated lots of Enid Blyton, Readers Digest with me!! Back in the days, I used to crave Enid Blyton books.. she is still my fave!! Loved reading her Malory Towers, St. Clares, Naughtiest Girl, Enchanted Tree, Faraway land, Secret Seven, Famous Five, Five Findouters, Noddy, Brer Rabbit.. I loved them all like anything.. Now I realise why.. it was all such a fantasy.. I think I live in Fantasy land!!
In our school library, when everybody rushed after the shelves that included Sweet Valley, I could easily find my way to the book shelves that contained my fave books.. and then there were kids who wouldn't borrow books.. haha, I used to get 2 books that way, and if luck favoured even 3. :):) life was so good!!
And so it moved on.. I remember getting second hand books for just PKR 2 or 2.5 .. I used to get 5 books every weekend outta just PKR 10. loved them to bits..
would stay awake all night to read, have them with me at lunch, during dinner.. and also get scolding for that, ke khatay huay attn khanay pe honee chahiye!! hehe!!
College mein aake bhee maza aya!! Library mein buhut loag hotay thay, kayee dost tou book shelves ke pass ban jatay thay!! Un mei se ik tou buhut hee achee dost ban gayee!! I miss her!! :(
Aur zindagee agay berh gayee!! Ab utna shouq bhee nahee raha aur fursat bhee nahee, lekin woh waqt bhulay nahee bhulta! miss the olden golden perhakoo days!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memoirs Reborn!!!

"Jiya, beta what do you think of this purple suit?," Zareena Begum asked her 18 year old Jiya. Jiya, who was busy ooh-ing and aah-ing at a mannequin drifted her her eyes away from the suit the mannequin wore to the purple sequinned suit her mother held in her hand. "Aww Mom, its awesome, btw, we never clash in our choices, do we??!!," Jiya replied immediately. And Zareena Begum beamed, "Still beta , its you who will be wearing it after marriage not me," she chuckled, and kissed her lovely and only child on the forehead. She was blessed, and Jiya thought she couldn't be more blessed. ****************************************************** "Jiya, did you try out that eye liner??," Zareena Begum was always worried about Jiya and her not so womanly ways. "Errmmm. No," Jiya hesitated. "But beta , you should try out, only one month left before I send you off to Asif's, what would Asif say??" "Mom, its easy..Asif?? he...

Serious Topic.. (kind of ..)

Hiii once again... ok, if you were asked how much do u detest when sumone hides something from you, delibrately, undelibrately, intentionally, unintentionally, and considering that that sumone is one of your really close associate.. on a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being not at all, to 10 being all the time, how would you rate your detest for them..???? For me, it ought to be 9.999999, but since these are discrete no.s hence, i wont be ratin it 9.9999999.. :D lol on a more serious note, since its coming from sumone close, i'd say 9.. not 10, coz of unintentional behaviour.. need a good response.. take care.. byeeee...