Skip to main content

What Man Needs to Live??

"59 minutes past three, and with this track, our show "Midnite Karachi" ends...Fee AmaanAllah"... Nadya switched off her FM radio, tucked the mobile in her purse..yeah purse.. Usually she kept it on her side table after setting the alarm, but today she tucked it in her purse. She slid her feet in to the slippers she just bought last week with Mama. Slow and steady she took the steps, towards the door.. Each step reminded her of the those past steps.. Steps she took when she was three, running all round this very room, steps when she had no place to go but Mama's room.

She peeped in the corridor, hm..lights off..she moved faster, thoughts swirling in mind. If only Mama could've convinced Baba, would she be running away. She got admission in that high tech uni, she studied all those years for this.. no job, no freedom, noown feeling of work!! she moves faster, she already packed her suitcase. The bag Baba kept in the hallway after summer trip.. No one knew and she had it packed.. she moved, almost ran, but something slowed her.. there it was, she finally reached the door, put her hand on the lock, and suddenly she tripped over.. and that too on the suitcase, which fell over the floor...now a fully packed suitcase would be going real BANG!!! She hears steps, running, closing in...

"Dya, What are you doing, bag se kuch chahiye tha tou subhe nikaal leyti, itnee raat gaye.."

"Beta, You arent hurt, are you??"

"Bajjo, what happened??"

Mama, Baba, Ahmar were all around her.. How full her life was, everyone cared about her, no one even assumed she was running away, somehow her purse was misplaced..luckily.. she was off to Lahore for a black mail.. but now she felt that all you needed to enjoy life was love and care, which would be scarce in Lahore, she'd miss Ahmars mischeifs, Mama's love and Baba's care!! Could she sacrifice all that for a job, jsut a job??/ Never, she smiled, "Mama, I am fine, I'll be fine as long as I have you guys.."

Ahmar, the lil brat flung his arms round her, and she thought she was happiest person in the world!!!

---
Another story!! I have taken a liking to write stories..

Comments

Khalil said…
Yeah u should keep writing as is nice. I always wanted to write a book myslef but my English isn't great. Inshallah in the future it'll get better. Don't keep us waiting long for your next story. Your Memoirs of a Lost Soul story is one of the best short stories I've read.

Technically however your work is classed as Flash Fiction as it's less than 1,000 words. Between 1,000 - 20,000 words is a short story and beyond that comes novelettes and novels.
Karachiite said…
Thanks for appreciating both the stories, and no, my English ain't so great, but nonetheless, no harm in trying out..

ok, so Flash Fiction it is..
Jamal Ashiqain said…
It's a Wonderful story, short, interesting, and motivational. also I noticed Faiz Ahmed faiz's last verse out of his poem 'Tanhai", It's A wonderful poem :) .
Karachiite said…
Thanks JamAsh!
Faiz's almost all poems and ghazals rock..
Sarah said…
I believe these are called "shorts" rather than "short stories." They are nice! You can write a bunch and them publish them in one book =D

Its always been my dream to write a novel, but I will start with short stories. I'm still working on my first one.
Karachiite said…
I'd need so many of them, Sarah, and who knows what if the publisher says, "They are all tragic"

Good luck to you, I wanna read your short/flash fiction soon :)
Anonymous said…
hey how do you come up with such good flash fictions ... share with me the ingredient and ill promise you to keep it a secret;)

cya
byee
Karachiite said…
secret ingredient??
Nah, Aby, none.. just some weird thoughts that come out of the blue to me..

Well, should I say how I came up with this one..
Bhai's suitcase was lying in the lounge when he returned and I had a glimpse of it pretty late at night,and somehow I came up with this!!
Anonymous said…
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

Popular posts from this blog

Memoirs Reborn!!!

"Jiya, beta what do you think of this purple suit?," Zareena Begum asked her 18 year old Jiya. Jiya, who was busy ooh-ing and aah-ing at a mannequin drifted her her eyes away from the suit the mannequin wore to the purple sequinned suit her mother held in her hand. "Aww Mom, its awesome, btw, we never clash in our choices, do we??!!," Jiya replied immediately. And Zareena Begum beamed, "Still beta , its you who will be wearing it after marriage not me," she chuckled, and kissed her lovely and only child on the forehead. She was blessed, and Jiya thought she couldn't be more blessed. ****************************************************** "Jiya, did you try out that eye liner??," Zareena Begum was always worried about Jiya and her not so womanly ways. "Errmmm. No," Jiya hesitated. "But beta , you should try out, only one month left before I send you off to Asif's, what would Asif say??" "Mom, its easy..Asif?? he...

Serious Topic.. (kind of ..)

Hiii once again... ok, if you were asked how much do u detest when sumone hides something from you, delibrately, undelibrately, intentionally, unintentionally, and considering that that sumone is one of your really close associate.. on a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being not at all, to 10 being all the time, how would you rate your detest for them..???? For me, it ought to be 9.999999, but since these are discrete no.s hence, i wont be ratin it 9.9999999.. :D lol on a more serious note, since its coming from sumone close, i'd say 9.. not 10, coz of unintentional behaviour.. need a good response.. take care.. byeeee...