Skip to main content

Karachi Goes Kool!!

Hmm.Karachi finally gets its share of the awesome monsoon rains.. hehe.. it has been drizzling on and off since quite a few days but the real showers came yesterday, and as I blog they continue heavily..

And the best thing is that on sunday afternoon my cousins the thirteen year old twinnies came over to spend the day.. :) so we had the best time yesterday in the rain, playing lots of carom, yes, age old tradition, then later after dinner we went out for a stroll as the downpour stopped, but as we were returning, lo n behold it started raining again..

and they are stayin here, so we'll inshaAllah enjoy even more.. since its still raining !!!!! :D

the only sad thing is that the cats feel bad they hate water, Mano was hiding in the lawn, and Mayna has gone off sumwhere, obv., without telling, came last night, but this morning she again went out..

Just bloggin this so that will have a good memoir later.. :D

EDIT: It rained so much so that at some places powers out, I still have power at our place fortunately!!! Mayna has returned, shukranlillah.. here...

Comments

Sarah said…
I like playing carom... Its been years since I've played. :(

Rain is so pleasant *wub* I love being at home during a thunderstorm. I absolutely loveee thunderstorms!!! They are seriously the best.

You let your cats out, right? I hope they have collars with your address/phone number on them, just in case they wander off too far, like Kitty did :( Kitty would always take off his collar though... I'd always find it in the yard *sigh*
Karachiite said…
Yeah, I love rains, but not the still water puddles..

Mayna goes out at her will, she isn't bound, and she has no collars either.. :) btw, Mayna doesn't like going out much, so sometimes she goes off even for a week, but comes back somehow, luckily!!!
Itsfarsh said…
Are you trying to make us Dubai Dwellers jealous :D

There were overcast conditions for a few days and the whole city was buzzing with talk of rain.. the clouds came and went and we just wondered Why doesnt it rain here?
Khalil said…
I am the carom king. I must get my old board out and play some when my bro comes back from holiday.

Popular posts from this blog

Memoirs Reborn!!!

"Jiya, beta what do you think of this purple suit?," Zareena Begum asked her 18 year old Jiya. Jiya, who was busy ooh-ing and aah-ing at a mannequin drifted her her eyes away from the suit the mannequin wore to the purple sequinned suit her mother held in her hand. "Aww Mom, its awesome, btw, we never clash in our choices, do we??!!," Jiya replied immediately. And Zareena Begum beamed, "Still beta , its you who will be wearing it after marriage not me," she chuckled, and kissed her lovely and only child on the forehead. She was blessed, and Jiya thought she couldn't be more blessed. ****************************************************** "Jiya, did you try out that eye liner??," Zareena Begum was always worried about Jiya and her not so womanly ways. "Errmmm. No," Jiya hesitated. "But beta , you should try out, only one month left before I send you off to Asif's, what would Asif say??" "Mom, its easy..Asif?? he...

Shukran Lillah!!! =)

YESSSSSS!!!! I graduated today.. :) I really can't thank Allah... the type of exams I took, and the way I took them, it was just as if I was least bothered (when I actually wasn't), though I regretted taking them that way, but MashaAllah I succeeded.. God is merciful beshak!! And I had to check it out myself online.. it was scary, last time I checked online I was 6th in my city.. :P this time I still donno what marks I got or where I stand, for the time I know I passed.. And that is what really mattered.. BTw, there is a flash I had written, will inshaAllah put it up tomorrow.. Thanks for reading!!