Skip to main content

14th July

This year the 14th of July didn't haunt me like it always did.. I didn't feel scared when I woke up this morning. Infact, I felt pretty normal when morning dawned upon me. I did not get that feeling of fear, anxiety and hopelessness. I did not break into tears. As I fumbled around with the newspaper I noticed the change in me, I felt grown up enough to understand that time lessens the pain, time definitely heals. I thought I am finally brave!!! But I was wrong. As the moon lurks outside my window and the stars shine down upon me, I realize I am not through, I am still petrified what tomorrow morning might bring for me, what will be your situation, what will the doctor say, when will you come out of coma, when will the virus leave. All these questions ran through my mind when I left you in the icu and head towards a home without a mom, what's a home without a mother. I had to go home that night, I could not stay in the hospital lobby, you told me to go. We were in the car. As I rested in the passenger seat, in the car without the a/c, windows down, the cool breeze slapped my face in such a beautiful way that I remember so well. That thirty minute ride every night to home was the only peaceful time when my mind got a break, i wished that ride never ended bcx my self could not think more, could not ...... I still miss you, writing gives me a satisfaction nothing else can give. It makes me feel that I am sharing it with you.. 7 years down, I wonder how many more I have to spend without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memoirs Reborn!!!

"Jiya, beta what do you think of this purple suit?," Zareena Begum asked her 18 year old Jiya. Jiya, who was busy ooh-ing and aah-ing at a mannequin drifted her her eyes away from the suit the mannequin wore to the purple sequinned suit her mother held in her hand. "Aww Mom, its awesome, btw, we never clash in our choices, do we??!!," Jiya replied immediately. And Zareena Begum beamed, "Still beta , its you who will be wearing it after marriage not me," she chuckled, and kissed her lovely and only child on the forehead. She was blessed, and Jiya thought she couldn't be more blessed. ****************************************************** "Jiya, did you try out that eye liner??," Zareena Begum was always worried about Jiya and her not so womanly ways. "Errmmm. No," Jiya hesitated. "But beta , you should try out, only one month left before I send you off to Asif's, what would Asif say??" "Mom, its easy..Asif?? he...

Serious Topic.. (kind of ..)

Hiii once again... ok, if you were asked how much do u detest when sumone hides something from you, delibrately, undelibrately, intentionally, unintentionally, and considering that that sumone is one of your really close associate.. on a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being not at all, to 10 being all the time, how would you rate your detest for them..???? For me, it ought to be 9.999999, but since these are discrete no.s hence, i wont be ratin it 9.9999999.. :D lol on a more serious note, since its coming from sumone close, i'd say 9.. not 10, coz of unintentional behaviour.. need a good response.. take care.. byeeee...