Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Maa!!

Ajeeb baat hai, mein ne socha tha, aaj I will be happy..I will cook some nice dishes, recite a dua for you, n be smiling..I could move through the day like this, but when the sun sets, somewhere in my heart a darkness assembles, and I realize not a year would go by when I wont shed a tear on ur birthday!! I so miss you, I couldn't thank you even, for making me a wonderful person (at heart) yess, even if I say so myself.. I know it deep down, no matter how much arrogant ppl can think Ariens are, how bossy, n mebbe selfish.. but you instilled great values in me.. and I pray I can instill the same amazing values in chitto bitto!! :D


For that every night you put me to sleep, I can never thank you, ever!!
For that every morning you came in my dreams, to give me a moral support that I needed much more than anything, I can not utter a thanks...
For every thing you did for me, I appreciate it a lot, but my only regret is I can't talk to you.. Life is so unbelievable, so short, so on the brink of falling the deep ocean!  I am glad I poured my heart out to you, but I am sad I cant do it anymore.. yet I believe Allah is so kind, you can read all of this, n also all of that which goes in my mind!


There are so many things which we could have done today together.. but Alhamdulillah for those things which we did when you were here... eating a chaat with you, aik plate aur do spoons.. I miss you! letting me drink as much juice as I want... getting me all the spicy snacks!! letting me have dinner delivery, getting me bangles, shoes, having so little, you taught me never to hurt a child for money, for material things... and this is what matters, when you don't value money so much, you don't have that craving to buy everything, you really taught me Maa!! thank you!!!

Comments

aimen said…
This moved me to tears! :'(((

Popular posts from this blog

It’s a Dog’s Life!!

By Anjum Niaz There’s a dog in our neighbourhood that nobody wants. Actually it’s a bitch. Her litter is on the way, I suspect. The big patch of green bordering my home and the busy road in front is no man’s land (read the CDA) but the lucky homeowners have been gifted the land and told to develop it as best as their aesthetic sense permits. Gardens are abloom all around my garden (says who Islamabad will run dry?) which stands out for its pedestrian look, only because my landlord cares not a whit for the patch. But the dog does. She has dug a cradle under the tangled bushes and lies there unobserved by passersby on the street. I worry. What if the puppies — God knows how many — invade my space and arrive uninvited in my garden. Their mother may not live to feed them. She’s doing poorly. When she’s not sleeping, she’s scratching herself all over to get rid of the ticks and fleas that infest her body. The vicious summer heat has parched her. The sun is relentless. Down the road, I watch

The New Leaf!!

Naveed twisted on the floor, rolled from one side to the other. At times, he folded the pillow in two, and once he just held it in his hand, there were still five freakin' minutes to go before the dial struck 4. Still, quite a lot of time left before the azan for Fajr would echo throughout his town. Naveed, unlike most people in dirty old Karachi, was one of the few who spent the night thinking what happened today. Today wasn't exactly good. Seemed like Abba was really angry. Well, what could he do?? It happened at the breakfast table. Naveed as usual woke up at 12:30 p.m. took a shower, offered Zuhrain , and on to the table, his breakfast table, where as it was Abba's luncheon time. Abba usually took lunch to work, but this afternoon he wasn't feeling good, so came home just in time to see Naveed sit at the table yelling, "Amma, mera anda paratha ???" Abba was furious. "Nido, is this the time for an anda paratha ???" "Aa.. Abbbaaaaa!! Well...

Truly, Madly, Deeply!!

My first song dedication !! Savage Gardens.. :) I'll be ur wish, I'll be ur dream, I'll be ur fantasy.. I'll be ur hope, I'll be ur luv, be everything that u need.. I luv u more with every breathe, TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY do I'll be strong I'll be faithful, Cos I'm counting on A new beginning, A reason for living, A deeper meaning... I wanna stand with u on a mountain, I wanna bathe with u in the sea, I wanna lay like this forever.. Until the sky falls down on meee... yeahhhhh!! :) just luv the lyrics!! so deeply emotional.. n jus exactly wat we feel!! aahhh.. sorry for being away.. i knw theres atleast one person who missed me.. was real busy, n didnt feel like blogging.. it was writers blox!! :P anywho, stay tuned!